So you maybe wandering if reaching a 1 million alexa ranking is good.If you’re researching for this information you’ll find many different views, here are my thoughts.
This blog that you’re currently reading just reached this milestone. About 6 weeks ago I was in the 9 million ranking. Blogging is rather new to me, I had this blog since spring of this year but did not really start getting serious with this site until 6 weeks ago. Below is a picture of my ranking taken from alexa
Now, before I get into explaining my thoughts, for those wandering how many hits etc for me to reach this. I’ve done some reading about this subject on other blogs and I’ve been hearing to reach 1 million you’ll need 100 to 300 unique visitors. Well in my case this is not true, I average only 40 to 50 unique visitors each day. Yeah I know , some maybe thinking that this is not a lot of traffic, and you’re right. I think the reason for me achieving a score under 1 million is because my page views is also taken in consideration.
Having a average page view per visitor of 5.3 pages helps substitute the low unique visitors. 50 unique, plus 5 page views each unique will equal 250 page turns a day. So if you are also reading that you’ll need 100 to 300 unique visitors this is not true, well at least in my case.
Okay , so is this a big deal?
Well, No and yes..
Many people will argue that Alexa’s traffic measurement is not accurate and that it doesn’t matter. Others would say that reaching 1 million is nothing to sneeze about, maybe true.
Here are my views on that 1 million mark
1. It’s a great measurement for you, showing progress from all that hard work that us bloggers do. It lets you know that your efforts are starting to pay off.
2. 1 million mark should be your first goal as a blogger if traffic and popularity is important to you.
3. Now, you’re definitely not ready to make any money being at 1 million but reaching this achievement will build confidence and assure you that you’re well on your way.
4. Think about it like this, there are well over 100 million websites on the world wide web. By reaching the 1 million mark you’re now in that top 1 percent of traffic. Well done!
5. Once you achieve that first goal of 1 million your next goal should be 500,000, 250,000 and so on. Eventually you’ll need to be under 100,000 to really make any okay money from a blog. Just my opinion.
6. Of course traffic is not everything, there are many factors. I know some website owners who have under 100,000 and aren’t making any money, they lack monetization skills which they can learn. However 1 million alexa ranking is a very good first start.
7. Once you reach a very good score, advertisers and jv partners will start contacting you. To those that say alexa scores are not important, try telling that to these partners that will be seeking you out for monetization offers.
So in my conclusion, reaching the 1 million alexa as a first goal is a job well done and should not be looked at as not a big deal. congrats , to all of you who are getting near that score or currently heading towards this score. Now, lets make that next goal 500,000 and go from there.
Please feel free to leave a comment of your thoughts. Do you agree, disagree? let myself and other readers know. Don’t forget to leave your do follow link back to your website I’ll approve as long as it’s not spam.
Have a great day!