Puzzled on why some people have a picture of themselves, a celebrity image or an icon each time they commented on other blogs?
You don’t have to envy them; you can make one too, because it was just easy to create with the help of www.gravatar.com!
Gravatar is the best online service that enables bloggers to upload a picture or “avatar” of their own that will automatically appear each time they add a comment on other blogs. It also has a gallery of gravatar images or simply “avatars” available for you to choose from if you don’t want to use your own photo.
With the picture you have for every blog comment that you make especially when you upload your own photo, it create an identity for yourself. Fellow bloggers will deem you as a credible persona and a “human” and won’t be regarded as a “blog comment bot”.
Here’s a quick and simple step by step tutorial on how to add a photo to your blog comment using gravatar.com:
- Go to www.gravatar.com
- Log in to your account if you are already a member. Or you can sign up if you are a new user.
- Find the “My Account” button in the menu bar, then click the option “Add an Image”
- Gravatar offers an instant photo shoot of your face by clicking “A webcam attached to this computer”. But if you want to use your existing photo or image, just select “My computer’s hard drive”, then click “Browse” to find the image to be uploaded, and then click “Next” to start uploading the selected image.
- Gravatar has the option to let you resize and crop your uploaded photo if you desires. Just click the “Crop and Finish” button.
- (“G,” “PG,” “R,” or “X”). These are the ratings that you have to select for your image to be specific on the sites that you want to display your gravatar image.
- Once you are assured that you’ve done the uploading process perfectly, your gravatar image will now automatically appear alongside of your every comment on blog!
What are you waiting for? Don’t just be a “shadow”, a “gray figure” or a “smiley icon” when you make a comment to other blogs. Start creating your “avatar” now!