Hello and welcome to my very first post in this blog, I hope that you’ll enjoy my post.
Are you afraid of success? To tell you frankly, I used to be afraid of SUCCESS!, and it almost kept me from taking action and achieving my goals. I used to think that I did not deserve success, and only those that were smarter and more talented than I deserved success. I used to think that I was destined to just live a normal life with a job I hated for the next 40 years in exchange for security and comfort. Let me tell you something, I was so WRONG, its hogwash because we all deserve success and happiness.
But… Why are so many people settling? Why have people stopped dreaming? I often ask myself this question while shopping at the grocery store, mall, hardware store and observing employees. Have you noticed that most of them do not seem cheerful and happy? I mean everyone has had a dream right? everyone has a ton of potential correct?
I like to surround myself with other like minded individuals. We all have one thing in common, we have entrepreneur spirits and most of us do not want to settle for the norm.
Many of you including myself, join sites like this because we have a business or perhaps starting a business for the first time and wish to network then get ideas that may help us. But the unfortunate reality is that out of the 70,000 plus members on this site many will quit and give up on that dream or goal of a thriving online or offline business. Why is that? is it because its not failure that you are more afraid of but perhaps its success that scares you ?
Here is a small list of indications that may mean you are afraid of success…
- You settle for less than you feel you deserve or are capable of achieving
- You start new project or join a new opportunity full of enthusiasm only for the excitement to wear down then you are off looking back at a uncompleted project and excited about the next. ” This happens all the time in network marketing , we call them program hoppers.”
- Spending a fortune on self improvement cd’s , courses, books , seminars etc but never using the information to improve your life. Many cases your life gets worse then before you took the course.
- You expect things to go wrong no matter how well the situation appears to be at the moment.
- Constantly over analyzing everything until you find somehing negative. Then once you find something negative, you lose interest and you start thinking of quitting.
- Procrastination, putting off marketing or advertising which you know is essential to the sucess of your business.
If this resonates with any of you, I just want to let you know it’s completely okay. I mean who hasn’t had some of the thoughts above. But my question to you is what are you doing about it?
I’m writing about this because I am passionate about what I’m saying. you see I used to be one of those persons that had a ton of roadblocks up that held me back from reaching and continuing to reach my full potential.
I was once one of those guys that would blame my opportunity, products , or compensation plan on reasons why I was not successful. It wasn’t until I realized and understood that it was not the opportunity I was promoting it was ME that was the problem. I had to do a complete mental mindshift because I am good enough, and I’m worthy of success just like each and everyone of you.
All those thoughts and self doubts that I heard in my head were a big fat LIE.
For example, in my industry there are thousands of companies to become a distributor for. Each company has hundreds of people earning a very healthy six figure yearly income. So its not the opportunity , its YOU.
If you’re already successful and exactly where you want to be right now then kudo’s to you. You don’t need to hear this. For those of you that have been in a industry for years with little to no success then my question would be Are you afraid of Success? It wasn’t until I took a good look at myself and started to ignore those doubts in my mind and pushing forward until I started realizing and seeing results in my business.
I want to leave you with this quote…
“If you believe you can then you are right, if you believe you can’t then you are also right.”
Thanks for taking the time to read this blog post, If you have something to share that may help others in this situation please feel free to leave a comment.
Shane V. Garrison